Friday, October 27, 2006

data mining and software development

I've been posting a bit at the yahoo group "datamining2"--we'll see how interesting that group is. I recently responded to a post about java and data mining, and even found another blog that discussed that very issue earlier this week (I just found that post today) -- http://dataminingresearch.blogspot.com/

I don't code anymore, at least not seriously. One reason for that is because the data mining software environments have progessed to the point that I don't need to dust off my C/C++ skills (or lack thereof). And in those relatively rare cases that I do need to program, I can use 4th generation languages, which are quite powerful (if I can ever remember the syntax, but that's another story altogether). Nearly every data mining software package has it's own language: S-Plus command line for S-Plus and Insightful Miner, Clem for Clementine, CART has its own language, Matlab, Visual Basic for Statistica, and of course SAS in Enterprise Miner. This is just naming a few, of course.

2 comments:

Roshini RS said...



I have read your blog, it was good to read & I am getting some useful info's through your blog keep sharing...sas training in Chennai

Balaji said...

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable information. We strive to provide our candidates with excellent care and we take your comments to heart.As always, we appreciate your confidence and trust in us
Analytics Training In Chennai